Monday, August 27

Mark Richt Makes A-hole Comments



Related News: Georgia Head Coach Loses W.W.J.D. Bracelet


The normally reserved and composed Georgia head football coach, Mark Richt made doves cry this weekend with his sarcastic asshole comments concerning UGA's lack of an indoor practice facility...


Richt was particularly annoyed this past Friday after a late-afternoon thunderstorm first delayed, then cancelled, the team's practice. To make it up, the Bulldogs had practice twice on Saturday, once in the morning and once late in the evening. That meant many coaches and players had to change Saturday evening plans, including cornerback Remarcus Brown, who was supposed to be in a wedding.

"It's just a royal pain to have to deal with this kind of stuff," Richt said on Friday. "It would be nice to have a little indoor facility nearby where you wouldn't have to spend your whole life trying to figure out a new plan. It's very frustrating, it gets very old and I'm about tired of it.

"Maybe one day we'll get that done."

Richt was then asked if not getting an indoor facility would be something over which he'd leave.

"They'd probably say 'good riddance,'" he said sarcastically. "I'm not going to threaten anybody."

I don't know what to do or think about this. Mark Richt has always been like a second father to me. An omnipotent, lilly-white second father. If there was one thing I was sure of in this crazy, mixed up world it was that Mark Richt was an Angel sent from heaven to show us how good and pure college football can be. Now...now I'm just lost. A castaway set adrift on my personal sea of sorrows.

Then...Then Richt issues a formal statement/apology. Sorry, Mark. You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube, you Judas.

"Friday's comments regarding the lack of an indoor practice facility were a knee-jerk reaction to a series of events that happened throughout the day ending with the cancellation of practice due to a storm in the area," Richt said in the statement.

"When I actually read my comments late in the day on Saturday I was very disappointed in what I said and the way I said it. It appeared to be someone who was ungrateful for what he had and that is certainly not the case. For that, I want to apologize to President [Michael] Adams, [athletics director] Damon Evans, and the Bulldog Nation."

Stuff your sorries in a sack, a-hole.



Link: AJC - Chip Towers

No comments:

Post a Comment