Top Wives of the SEC
We've all seen the Greatest Sports Wives List, and DeepSouthSports is just taking that to the next level. The SEC has always been known as a hotbed for amazing women, but how do the SEC's first ladies stack up?
Here's The DeepSouthSports Top Five:
5. Jeri Spurrier - Yes, it's true. Steve Spurrier married the female version of himself. While a great lady I'm sure, can't you just see her throwing down her headset/visor and chewing out some no talent quarterback?
Plus, she let her husband play golf for a whole year. Major credit.
4. Katharyn Richt - It is clear from this pic that Katharyn is the girl next door type. She complements Mark's already squeaky clean image perfectly. Mrs. Richt reminds me of so many of the girls I grew up with at Evangelical Christian School in Memphis.
I'd be willing to guess that Church, soccer practice, PTA meetings, choir practice, trips to 31 flavors and more Church are all a huge part of everyday life in the Richt household.
Strike me down if Katharyn does not drive a Yukon XL.
3. Shelley Meyer - Urban's most precious recruit (not named Tim Tebow) is seen here attempting to blend in with the Gainesville natives. Shelley tries to win the hearts and minds of the Gator faithful with her cutoff jean skirt and ripped tee shirt.
Sadly, the camera man did not include a shot of Shelley rockin' her white K-Swiss.
Too bad Mrs. Meyer hasn't yet come across a pair of these babies. They really complete the Gator ensemble.
If Shelley is willing to go to such extreme lengths to support her hubbie and his new friends then I say, "Bravo!" She must really buy into Urban-renewal.
Do you think Urban used one of his patented, Rico Suave recruiting lines to land a fox like Shelley?
“He told me to look him in the eye and said they wanted me,”
And Justin Houston is only a three star recruit! I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Shelley didn't burst into laughter like Justin did.
2. Kelly Orgeron - Who knew? We all knew Ed was a great recruiter of Footballers, but he really out did himself with this one. Where do we start?
First off, congrats to Kelly. She landed the big prize. A millionaire head football coach in the SEC. A man that is assured to stay on top. If not for his feirce defensive prowess, then for his unparalelled recruiting skills.
However, marrying Ed Orgeron is like keeping a rabid Tasmanian Devil as a house pet.
How does she handle everyday life with a man that has drawn justifiable comparisons to Bill Brasky, Chuck Norris and The Incredible Hulk, Lou Ferrigno?
Is she the Ying to his Yang? The Naomi Watts to his King Kong?
Maybe we should try for an interview.
1. Shari Shula - Being the youngest head coach in the SEC has it's privledges. Yeah...and it also doesn't hurt to be the son of the most legendary football coach in NFL history (career or personal-wise).
I could have sworn I heard that Shari was a dancer/cheerleader with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers while Mike was the ill fated offensive coordinator, but maybe I made that up.
Mike may not have lasted in Tampa, but this union is sure to go the distance. Yes, Shari has given up her alleged dancing ways and resorted to baby making.
Poor Mike. To slave away all day as the head man for a powerhouse college football team and come home to this...
Fine, I'll say it...
"Bama's Back, Baby!"
At least when it comes to red hot smokin' wives.
Erik, Tell Them What They Win!
This one's for you Mike and Shari...
Another Steve Perry Classic:
Wednesday, August 9
Top Wives of the SEC