LSU is taking care of business...in the front
The Link Dump
- Garnet And Black Attack puts together The Week 2 SEC Power Poll. It's unanimous...LSU is the ass handing, chest thumping, wife stealing Bill Brasky of College Football. At least until next Saturday (who wants to bet LSU doesn't allow MTSU 45 points this weekend?)
- The LA Times kicks off the BCS drama extra early this season with mention of a USC, LSU and Oklahoma hate triangle.
- Some elderly A-hole crashed his mini-van into the goalpost during a high school football game in Wisconsin over the weekend. This just reinforces my belief that driving tests should be given to seniors starting with their 80th birthday. How many football games have to ruined?
- Kentucky Fans Rejoice! The Round Mound Of Touchdown, The Battle Ship Lorenzen, J-Load, The Pillsbury Throwboy, The Hefty Lefty (AKA Jared Lorenzen) should...if not for some unforeseen disaster (like complications from Gastric Bypass) be starting his first NFL game next week for the New York Giants.
- On the flip side, Ole Miss alum Eli Manning is going to miss the first start(s) of his career. Eli's out for at least a month with a "slightly separated shoulder." He is seeking a second opinion from Uber-Ortho, James Andrews here in The Ham. This really blows, cause Eli looked great in the opener. I was looking forward to Eli shutting up all those critical yankee a-holes. I guess that's an impossible feat though (they hate freakin' A-Rod).
- More Kige, anyone? Reader, Blake sends me a link to what is undoubtedly Kige's best non-sports related take to date. (wish he would delve into pop culture more often) As you can tell from Kige's lifestyle, he is so over the Hollywood scene and people like Nichole Richie.